TZU CHI University
Institute of Medical Sciences
Guidelines Governing Direct Transfers from the MSc to Ph.D. Program
In accordance with TCU policies, a master’s student who has a superior academic record at the graduate level, and presents outstanding research potential is eligible to apply for the direct Ph.D. track.
Materials Required for Applications:
1. A completed application form (http://www.aa.tcu.edu.tw/enroll_form.html).
2. An autobiography (including the motivation; 3 copies)
3. At least two letters of recommendation, which must from academic sources.
4. A study plan for Ph.D. program (3 copies).
5. A transcript show grades (including class ranking) for every semester of study in which you were enrolled at that institution (including the first semester of 105 academic year) (please hand in the transcript before February 13, 2017).
The Examination Committee of the Institute will assess applicants based on their application materials and the oral interview. Upon approval by the Institute, the screening results will be forwarded to the president of TCU and then to the Ministry of Education for affirmation. After getting confirmation from the Ministry of Education, applicants who are accepted will officially become doctoral students of the Institute. (http://www.aa.tcu.edu.tw/enroll_law.html)
December 26, 2016 to January 13, 2017.
Oral interview date:
March 4, 2017
Maximum admission number of students:
Programs open for application:
Program of Basic Sciences, Program of Clinical Medical, and Program of Health Sciences.
Admission results will be released on March 17, 2017
Scholarship/Financial Aid Information:
TCU facilitates scholarship programs for international students. For more details about scholarships, please contact the Office of International Affairs.
Applicants please submit the required materials (all in an envelope with the applicant’s name and the program name that you apply to on it) to the Office of Academic Affairs of TCU (The Registrar Division) prior to the application deadline.
If you have any question, please contact the office of Institute of Medical Sciences (03-8565301 ext. 2011).